Effective Date: 3/05/2019
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
The information we gather enables us to personalize, improve and continue to operate the Services. In connection with certain aspects of the Services, we may request, collect and/or display some of your Personal Information.
We use data relating to your use of and interaction with the Site and the Services, including information that we receive through cookies and similar technologies, for certain legitimate business interests, which include the following:
- to provide, administer, and support the Site and the Services;
- to personalize and improve your access to and use of the Site and the Services (including to increase our Service’s functionality, product features, and user-friendliness);
- to verify users have the authorization needed for the Service to process their requests;
- to inform our marketing strategy and personalize our communications with you (including providing or offering sales promotions, information on our features and other marketing and service-related announcements relevant to the products, content and features you engage with);
- to conduct analytics and report on industry trends on content usage and performance;
- to meet our corporate and social responsibility objectives;
- if you ask us to delete your data or to be removed from our marketing lists and we are required to fulfill your request, we will keep basic data to identify you and prevent further unwanted processing; and
- for internal business/technical operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, to prevent fraud or criminal activity, misuses of our products or services and ensure the security of our IT systems, architecture, and networks.
We collect the following types of Personal Information from our users:
(a) Account Information:
When you create an Account, you will provide information that could be Personal Information, such as your username, password and email address. You acknowledge that this information may be personal to you, and by creating an Account on the Services and providing Personal Information to us, you allow others, including us, to identify you and therefore may not be anonymous. We may use your contact information to send you information about our Services, but only rarely when we feel such information is important. You may unsubscribe from these messages through your Account settings, although we, regardless, reserve the right to contact you when we believe it is necessary, such as for account recovery purposes.
(b) User Content:
(c) Financial Information:
(d) IP Address Information and Other Information Collected Automatically:
We automatically receive and record information from your web browser when you interact with the Services, including your IP address and cookie information. This information is used for fighting spam/malware and also to facilitate collection of data concerning your interaction with the Services (e.g., what links you have clicked on).
Generally, the Services automatically collect usage information, such as the number and frequency of visitors to the Site. We may use this data in aggregate form, that is, as a statistical measure, but not in a manner that would identify you personally. This type of aggregate data enables us and third parties authorized by us to figure out how often individuals use parts of the Services so that we can analyze and improve them.
(e) Email Communications:
We may receive a confirmation when you open an email from us. We use this confirmation to improve our customer service.
(f) Information Collected Using Cookies:
Most browsers have an option for turning off the cookie feature, which will prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, as well as (depending on the sophistication of your browser software) allowing you to decide on acceptance of each new cookie in a variety of ways. We strongly recommend that you leave cookies active, because they enable you to take advantage the most attractive features of the Services.
(g) Information Related to Advertising and the Use of Web Beacons:
To support and enhance the Services, we may serve advertisements, and also allow third parties advertisements, through the Services. These advertisements are sometimes targeted and served to particular users and may come from third party companies called “ad networks.” Ad networks include third party ad servers, ad agencies, ad technology vendors and research firms.
Advertisements served through the Services may be targeted to users who fit a certain general profile category may be based on anonymized information inferred from information provided to us by a user, including Personal Information (e.g., gender or age), may be based on the Services usage patterns of particular users, or may be based on your activity on Third Party Services. We do not provide Personal Information to any ad networks for use outside of the Services.
To increase the effectiveness of ad delivery, we may deliver a file (known as a “web beacon”) from an ad network to you through the Services. Web beacons allow ad networks to provide anonymized, aggregated auditing, research and reporting for us and for advertisers. Web beacons also enable ad networks to serve targeted advertisements to you when you visit other websites. Because your web browser must request these advertisements and web beacons from the ad network’s servers, these companies can view, edit or set their own cookies, just as if you had requested a web page from their site.
(h) Aggregate Information:
We collect statistical information about how both unregistered and registered users, collectively, use the Services (“Aggregate Information”). Some of this information is derived from Personal Information. This statistical information is not Personal Information and cannot be tied back to you, your Account or your web browser.
How, and With Whom, Is My Information Shared?
The Services are designed to help you share information with others. As a result, some of the information generated through the Services is shared publicly or with third parties.
(a) Public Information about Your Activity on the Services:
Some of your activity on and through the Services is public by default. This may include, but is not limited to, content you have posted publicly on the Site or otherwise through the Services.
Please also remember that if you choose to provide Personal Information using certain public features of the Services, then that information is governed by the privacy settings of those particular features and may be publicly available. Individuals reading such information may use or disclose it to other individuals or entities without our control and without your knowledge, and search engines may index that information. We therefore urge you to think carefully about including any specific information you may deem private in content that you create or information that you submit through the Services.
(b) IP Address Information:
(c) Information You Elect to Share:
(d) Aggregate Information:
We share Aggregate Information with our partners, service providers and other persons with whom we conduct business. We share this type of statistical data so that our partners can understand how and how often people use our Services and their services or websites, which facilitates improving both their services and how our Services interface with them. In addition, these third parties may share with us non-private, aggregated or otherwise non Personal Information about you that they have independently developed or acquired.
(e) Email Communications with Us:
As part of the Services, you may occasionally receive email and other communications from us, such as communications relating to your Account. Communications relating to your Account will only be sent for purposes important to the Services, such as password recovery.
(f) User Profile Information:
User profile information including your username and other information you enter may be displayed to other users to facilitate user interaction within the Services. We will not directly reveal user email addresses to other users.
(g) Financial Information:
As stated above, we do not currently collect financial information, as that information is collected and stored by our Payment Processor. However, we may from time to time request and receive some of your financial information from our Payment Processor for the purposes of completing transactions you have initiated through the Services, enrolling you in discount, rebate, and other programs in which you elect to participate, protecting against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, and otherwise as needed to manage our business.
(h) Information Shared with Our Agents:
We employ and contract with people and other entities that perform certain tasks on our behalf and who are under our control (our “Agents”). We may need to share Personal Information with our Agents in order to provide products or services to you. Unless we tell you differently, our Agents do not have any right to use Personal Information or other information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us. You hereby consent to our sharing of Personal Information with our Agents. A select list of our Agents is provided below, along with links to their individual privacy polices where you can find out more information about what information they collect and they use/disclose such information:
- Paypal: https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full
- Google Analytics: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en&gl=us
- Mailchimp: https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/
- Square: https://squareup.com/legal/privacy
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/325807937506242
- Olark: https://www.olark.com/privacy-policy
- Loop Returns: https://loopreturns.com/privacy-policy
- Shippo: https://goshippo.com/privacy/
- Taxjar: https://www.taxjar.com/privacy-policy/
(i) Information Disclosed Pursuant to Business Transfers:
In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the transferred business assets. Moreover, if we, or substantially all of our assets, were acquired, or if we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of us or our assets may continue to use your Personal Information as set forth in this policy.
(j) Information Disclosed for Our Protection and the Protection of Others:
(k) Information We Share With Your Consent:
Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your Personal Information may be shared with third parties, and will be able to prevent the sharing of this information.
Is Information About Me Secure?
Your Account information will be protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to prevent unauthorized access to your Account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your Account.
We seek to protect Account information to ensure that it is kept private; however, we cannot guarantee the security of any Account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
We otherwise store all of your information, including your IP address information, using industry-standard techniques. We do not guarantee or warrant that such techniques will prevent unauthorized access to information about you that we store, Personal Information or otherwise.
What Information of Mine Can I Access?
If you are a registered user, you can access information associated with your Account by logging into the Services. Registered and unregistered users can access and delete cookies through their web browser settings.
(a) California Residents
California Privacy Rights: Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice identifying the categories of personal customer information which we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes, and providing contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to the following address: Legal Affairs – Just Human. 1050 S Holt Ave #303 Los Angeles, CA 90035.
(b) EU Data Subjects
- Data Controller
We are the data controller for processing of your Personal Information, but we act as a data processor for Personal Information that we process on behalf of our users.
- Your Rights
Subject to applicable EU law, you have the following rights in relation to your Personal Information:
- Right of access: If you ask us, we will confirm whether we are processing your Personal Information and, if so, provide you with a copy of that Personal Information along with certain other details. If you require additional copies, we may need to charge a reasonable fee.
- Right to rectification: If your Personal Information is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to ask that we correct or complete it. If we shared your Personal Information with others, we will tell them about the correction where possible. If you ask us, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your Personal Information so you can contact them directly.
- Right to restrict processing: You may ask us to restrict or ‘block’ the processing of your Personal Information in certain circumstances, such as where you contest the accuracy of the data or object to us processing it. We will tell you before we lift any restriction on processing. If we shared your Personal Information with others, we will tell them about the restriction where possible. If you ask us, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your Personal Information so you can contact them directly.
- Right to data portability: Effective 25 May 2018, you have the right to obtain your Personal Information from us that you consented to give us or that was provided to us as necessary in connection with our contract with you. We will give you your Personal Information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You may reuse it elsewhere.
- Right to object: You may ask us at any time to stop processing your Personal Information, and we will do so:
- Right to withdraw consent: If we rely on your consent to process your Personal Information, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. This will not affect the lawfulness of processing of your data before we received notice that you wished to withdraw your consent.
- Right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority: If you have a concern about our privacy practices, including the way we handled your Personal Information, you can report it to the data protection authority that is authorized to hear those concerns.
You may exercise your rights by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How Can I Delete My Account?
Should you ever decide to delete your Account, you may do so by emailing email@example.com. If you terminate your Account, any association between your Account and information we store will no longer be accessible through your Account. However, given the nature of sharing on the Services, any public activity on your Account prior to deletion will remain stored on our servers and will remain accessible to the public.
What Choices Do I Have Regarding My Information?
You can use many of the features of the Services without registering, thereby limiting the type of information that we collect.
You can always opt not to disclose certain information to us, even though it may be needed to take advantage of some of our features.
You can delete your Account. Please note that we will need to verify that you have the authority to delete the Account, and activity generated prior to deletion will remain stored by us and may be publicly accessible.
What If I Have Questions or Concerns?